This 30+ page packet is packed full of strategies and tips from a National Board Certified Teacher for anyone teaching Guided Reading in grades K-5. What is Guided Reading? When can I take anecdotal notes? What does my lesson plan look like? This 30+ page packet is full of strategies from a National Board Certified Teacher for anyone wanting to teach Guided Reading in grades K-5.
This set does not contain passages and/or worksheets for students, and is not editable. For a super-close look, please check out the preview.
I used these strategies and shared them with many teachers over the years I served as a Literacy Specialist and Literacy Coach. This is a perfect resource for new teachers, or teachers who are new to Guided Reading.
What is Included:
• A Quick Look at Guided Reading, pages 3-4
• Before, During, and After Reading, pages 4-5
• Guided Reading Cheat Sheet, page 6
• Materials for Guided Reading, page 7
• Anecdotal Records, pages 7-10
• Questioning, pages 11-12
• Planning Sheets for Guided Reading:
• Emerging/Early Developing Readers, page 13
• Developing Readers, page 14
• Independent Readers, page 15
• If… Then… - What to Teach Based on Your Students’ Needs, pages 16-20
• Sample Schedules, pages 21-22
• Grouping Posters, pages 23-31
- Classroom Management
- Guided Reading